Who doesn’t like camping? What else is better than setting up a tent in the wild, cooking a delicious camping dinner over a crackling fire, and falling asleep under the stars? In nature, there is something about being out that makes life worthwhile.
You just need to get out there sometimes and get away from the lights and noise. It’s about leaving the comforts of home behind now, being out in nature, but if you’re anything like us, you love a nice place to sit. It’s okay to sit on the ground, but there’s nothing better than pulling a camping chair up to the fire to warm yourself up and relax with a cold beverage and good conversation with great friends at your favorite National Park.
A comfortable, purpose-built camping chair will make all the difference, whether you want to sit down and enjoy your children’s football game, walk in the wild, or just enjoy some marshmallows around the campfire with friends! The problem for many of us bigger folks (myself included) is that most of the standard camping chairs are just too small and flimsy to inspire confidence that they won’t shatter right out from underneath me (been there…funny but embarrassing).
If you were searching for an oversized camping chair, then you know there are dozens of them out there that claim this or that. Sifting through the multitude of choices and deciding on the very best heavy-duty camping chair can be challenging, and that’s why we’re happy to say that we’ve done the hard work for YOU.
Here are our picks for the best big and tall camping chairs:
This Kijaro XXL chair has a capacity of 400 lb (181 kg), so it is in the opening position here on the list. As for the weight, for such a type, it is very common, weighing 12.4 lb (5.62 kg).
This chair is, and for all good reasons, a very famous one. The style is so elegant, and there’s no padding here with mesh pieces. The XXL letters in the name tell you that this chair is big and comfortable. It has an easy locking mechanism, just a push-button, hence the terms in the name Dual Lock. It stays locked with this, both when it is unfolded and when it is folded. Remember that it has an extra harness on its back to keep it attached to the shoulder even without its carrying case.
- This portable Dual Lock chair gives you a premium seating experience with no-sag seating, durable diamond ripstop polyester, and breathable mesh on seat back
- The Dual Lock chair is perfect to take with you whether you are tailgating, camping, or watching your favorite sports teams
- Includes: 2 cup holders, organizer with zip & mesh pockets, carry strap attached to chair, and carry bag
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- Locks open for extra stability/ Locks shut for easy transport
For a reason, it’s called the King Kong chair, and you’ll feel like a king sitting in it, even though you’re just the gorilla king. With a strengthened frame, robust material, and plenty of comforts, the chair is designed to last. There are four colors to choose from, so if you like, you can color-coordinate with your other camping gear, blend in with nature, or stand out and make a declaration. The steel frame is powder-coated and as durable as they come, the 600D polyester fabric is—lots of continuity and warmth.
There’s a lot of versatility in the armrests, cradling and supporting the arms, and they each come with a cup holder and side pocket. Both armrests are also adjustable. For simple and comfortable transport and storage, the chair is rated up to 800 pounds and folds down. To get it to your ideal relaxation location, the sturdy chair comes with a shoulder carrying bag for you. This is an easy-to-transport chair, weighing in at just 13 pounds, carrying a lot of weight.
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame and 600D polyester fabric provides stability and comfort
- Each adjustable armrest comes with a cup holder and side pocket for maximum storage
- Includes convenient shoulder carry bag, allowing you to transport and store chair with ease
- The ALPS Mountaineering King Kong is on our best sellers list; you'll know why as soon as you take a seat
- Dimensions: 38" W x 20" D x 38" H, Weight: 13 lbs. ; Weight Capacity: 800 lbs. , Color: Khaki
This ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camping Folding Chair has an incredible 450 lb (204 kg) capacity, so it’s obvious why it’s here. You have adjustable lumbar support and very special strong and padded armrests that are detachable, but it is also full of features. The entire chair is fully padded, but it’s also on my camping list of best-padded chairs. The chair is foldable and easy to use, and as its name implies, you have a cup holder and storage elements, and it’s a great size. A bag for carrying is included. It weighs about 14.1 lb (6.4 kg).
- ❤ 【Large Size】 Oversized Camping Folding Chair Size is 25.20" L x 39.37" W x 39.37"H, Weight is 13.2lbs, Large seat area with 600x 300D padded oxford fabric and padded armrest ensure comfort of this chair
- ❤【Maximum Loading Capacity】With hammer tone powder coating prevent corrosion and fading. four heavy duty steel frame were added to the bottom of the chair .sturdy steel frame construction make it can support up to 450 lbs and you're guaranteed a long lasting chair to enjoy outdoors all year
- ❤【Extra Storage Spaces】 Durable mesh cup holder and armrest at the perfect height allows you to relax in comfort.side storage pocket holds cell phone, notebook and maps,side cooler bag will keep you cool on a hot summer day!
- ❤ 【Portable And Easy Storage】Folding camping chair is easy to set up and fold in seconds. It collapses down to just 9.05″ x 38.58″ and Weights only 13.2 lbs that can be stored almost anywhere
- ❤【Supreme Comfort】 Whether you’re in your garden, at the beach, camping or hiking, this quad chair is super comfy. Even use it in the home!
Because of its incredible 500 lb (227 kg) capacity, this chair is on the list, so it is sturdy enough for even the heaviest users. But with quite a lot of other characteristics, it comes. This is also a rocking chair, and I’ve included it in my best rocking chairs list. Of course, this isn’t it, the back section is really tall, so you have a nice headrest, and yes, I also included it in my list of headrest chairs. You’ve also got sturdy armrests and a bonus cup holder. The chair is cumbersome, weighing 17.5 lb (7.9 kg). Notice also that this is a folding design, so it remains vast in two dimensions when you fold it for storage.
How to choose the right chair.
Here are a few factors to the checklist when you want to select the most suitable chair
Padding: Some of them are not padded, but maybe you do not need this if it’s about summer camping.
Storage pouches: This is always helpful to have; the better, the more it is.
Keepers of the cup: This is a benefit for sure.
Mechanisms of Locking: It is unusual to get this extra bonus, but it can be very beneficial.
Carry Bag: This is useful for storing the chair and keeping it clean at home from dust, as well as for short distances.
Seat size: They’re all big, but there are variations, so check the text links.
Seat height: Whether you are exceptionally tall or particularly short, this is important.
Affordability: A camping chair may not be something that you spend a lot of money on, but what you pay for is always what you get. The chairs are not the cheapest chairs out there on our list, but they are the most affordable in terms of the overall value for your money. These are the chairs that will last you a long time, saving you from fixes and replacements (and you will actually replace a chair instead of fixing it, let’s face it).
Be prepared to pay slightly more if you want extras for your chair, but at the end of a long day of hiking, swimming, boating, etc., your butt will thank you.
Final Quick Thoughts:
Although durable camping chairs are built to last a long time, you have to take care of them and never exceed the weight limit mentioned.
Clean your chair before storing it takes just a few moments and will improve it’s useful life.
Lubricating moving parts after they are exposed to the elements will preserve functionality and the life of your big and tall camping chair.
Enjoy your chair!