Our top picks of the best pop up camping tents – Pop-up tents are like the instant coffee of camping equipment. Sure, you could buy a more expensive and complex tent that takes longer to set up, but do you really need to? It all depends on what you’re hoping to get out of the experience. Read on to learn about pop-up tents and see the best pop-up tents you need for easy camping.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
First, let’s define what a pop-up tent is. All of today’s camping tents are easier to set up than their predecessors thanks to better materials and streamlined designs. But the average tent can still take several minutes or more to set up, plus it may require complicated instructions or diagrams. Not to mention, most tents require at least two people to set them up.
In contrast, pop-up tents—also called instant tents—can often be set up in less than a minute, literally popping into place once you pull them from their carrying cases. It’s easily a one-person job. If you’re wondering whether a pop-up tent is right for you, here are some questions to consider:
Where do you plan to camp?
Pop-up tents are great for beginners, backyard camping, music festivals, and for people who don’t camp that often but still want to have a reliable tent. If you plan on camping often, you may want to invest in a more durable tent that can stand up better to repeated use. But if you plan to use a tent only a couple times a year, a pop-up tent could be a good option.
When do you plan to camp?
The ideal weather conditions for camping in a pop-up tent tent to be calm summer (or fall) weather. Depending on the brand, pop-up tents aren’t always able to withstand heavy winds or rain. If you’re looking for a (non pop-up) tent for fall or winter camping, we have some ideas in our complete guide to fall camping.
How many people will sleep in the tent?
Smaller pop-up camping tents tend to be sturdier than larger ones so usually, the fewer the people, the better. That said, there are some good 4- and 6-person pop-up tents. (We’ve included a couple in our list below.)
Once you’ve figured out if a pop-up tent is right for you, here are some options:
This aerodynamic little tent from Coleman is large enough to sleep two people and sets up in just 10 seconds. If you want to stargaze before you sleep (but want to avoid mosquitoes), the screened roof allows you to do just that. (But you can zip it closed to keep out the elements.)
Best Pop Up Camping Tent for: Summer camping
Sleeps: 1–2 people
- Lightweight camping tent assembles in only 10 seconds
- Preassembled poles pop up into place
- Taped floor seams keep you dry even when the ground is soaking wet
- Multi-position rainfly offers the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Tent measures 7 feet 6 inches by 4 feet 5 inches with a 2-foot 11-inch center height
If you want an instant tent with more room, this instant tent from Moon Lence will accommodate up to five adults. Its mesh windows make it ideal for warm weather camping but it would likely be too cool for fall temps. It’s available in three colors.
Best for: Summer camping, larger families or groups
Sleeps: Up to 5 people
- Roomy 4-5 Person Tent: With the unfolding size of 290*308*133cm (114.2*121.3*52.4in), the tent is spacious for 4-5 adults. Weigh only 4.65kg (10.25lb), it can be stored in to the 83*18*18cm (32.7*7.1*7.1in) carry bag. Super easy to carry it everywhere.
- Breathable & Stable: 4 Large mesh windows and 1D-shaped doors with dual zippers provide much better ventilation. Equipped with 10 lightweight Alloy Pegs and 5 Guy Ropes, the tent has a high resistance of wind. More Secure.
- All-round protection: 190T PU material and 210D Oxford Ground Sheet provide 2000mm water resistance and excellent UV resistance. The Windows and Door equipped with high quality SBS zippers can be closed tightly, which provide stronger resistance to harsh weather.
- Easy to Setup：Instant Pop up Mechanism makes you set up inner tent within 1 minute. Simply lift top of the tent, pop the top mechanism down and then click the bottom joints into place. Easy and save your time.
Quechea makes a few different pop-up tents and this is their 2-person model. Like the Coleman pop-up tent, this has an aerodynamic shape that cuts down on wind resistance. (Making it more likely to stand up to windy conditions.) It has one large door that doubles as the tent’s only window plus a rear air vent.
Best for: Summer and fall camping
Sleeps: 1–2 people
This instant tent is probably best used as a beach cabana but it will also do in a pinch if you need a one-person camping tent. (Though it can—cozily—fit up to two people and has an entrance on either side.) It’s not only easy to set up, it also folds down into a carrying bag for easy transport and storage.
Best for: Day-use or beach camping
Sleeps: 1–2 people
- Effortless set up – Pops open in the blink of an eye into a ready-to-use camping and lounge tent, and easy to fold back into a compact form – Abco Pop up tent is ideal for casual camping and accommodates 1-2 people. See our video content for detailed instructions on how to open and close the tent!
- Double doors – With double doors on both the left and right side, it’s easy to step out from either side. Moreover, a combination of inner zippered screen plus outer zippered nylon layer give an ability to easily switch between high breathability and complete privacy.
- High breathability– a mesh window on both the front and back allow for air circulation while the solid nylon flaps over the windows allow for privacy. Further, opening the mesh windows allows you to enjoy your surroundings from inside the tent.
- Carry bag & accessories – Comes with a carry bag that's ideal for storage and easy portability. It also comes with a small bag for accessories to keep them organized
- Best Use - This product is not meant to be subject to storm conditions or long periods of rain! Use this on a casual camping trip or set it up on the beach for shelter from the sun!
This waterproof tent’s cabin-style design offers ample headroom and floor space. (It’s available in a 4- or 6-person size.) When the door on its durable rain-fly is unzipped, it can be used as a sunshade or “front porch” where you can store shoes or gear.
Best for: Summer and fall camping, larger families or groups
Sleeps: Up to 4 or 6 people
- ✔Spacious Room and Easy to Install: KAZOO large cabin instant tent uses the cabin-shaped design to provide an incomparable volume; it can fit 4 adults very well. It is one of the most spacious instant cabin tents of its kind. As a most convenience 4 person tent, the automatic function makes it a real large instant tent. Setup was fast and easy. One person can put it up within 30 seconds, just like opening an umbrella.
- ✔ Waterproof and Sturdy： KAZOO 4 person camping tent has double layers. The liner is made of no-see-um netting B3 mesh and 190T breathable Polyester. The rainfly is made of 210T Ripstop Polyester, and we use all the best materials to offer you a high performance instant waterproof tent. This 4 person tent has passed waterproof test with a rating above 3000mm. To provide an excellent large cabin tent, we use ultra-lightweight premium 19mm aluminum poles to build a strong but light frame.
- ✔ Large Tent Porch and Optimized Ventilation: KAZOO large camping tent has full mesh walls and ceiling to provide excellent ventilation. KAZOO 4 person cabin tent is a cozy place to stay in. 2 large and dual-zipper doors with seams allow for easy entry and smooth closure. The zipped door can be supported to make a sunshade; kids can take naps inside the tent and adults will enjoy their time outside. As a very convenient 4 person instant tent, it works well on most occasions.
- ✔KAZOO PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAILS：KAZOO focuses on every detail to make the best tents for various purposes such as camping, hiking, fishing, surfing, outdoor BBQ, adventure, family parties and field trips. The high-quality details include but not limited to smooth and reliable SBS dual zippers, mesh interior pockets, incredibly durable rip-stop fabric materials, full-coverage rainfly and firm lightweight structure, to stand up to your biggest adventures.
- ✔2-YEAR WARRANTY：KAZOO tents are 100% inspected before delivery. We have 2 major series: Camping tent and Backpack tent. The Camping tent designed with a high volume hub to maximize strength and increase living space by using best materials and techniques. The backpacking tent focuses on the ultimate performance such as lightweight, eco-friendly, super sturdy, and ultra weather proof. We offer a 2-YEAR WARRANTY.
Coleman’s cabin-style tent is another roomy option that sets up in a minute or less. Its double-thick fabric, taped seams, and integrated rain-fly help this tent stand up (literally) to the elements making it a great option for both summer and fall weather. It’s available in a 4- or 6-person size.
Best for: Summer or fall camping, larger families or groups
Sleeps: Up to 4 or 6 people
- Instant tent sets up in just 1 minute. Fits 1 queen-size air bed
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric for reliable, long-lasting use
- Integrated vented rainfly improves airflow without any extra assembly needed
- Measures 8 x 7 feet with 4-foot 11-inch center height
Ayamaya’s dome-style tent can sleep up to four people plus it includes an internal storage space for gear—or a sleeping spot for your adventure dog. Its pre-assembled poles allow it to be set up in just seconds and its double-layer design will help keep out the rain and condensation.
Best for: Summer or fall camping
Sleeps: Up to 4 people
- [ Roomy Enough for 4-6 Person with Vestibule ] – This pop up tent has spacious interior:12.5 x 8.5 feet floor; Sleeps 5-6 adults in sleeping bags or 4-5 people with lots of luggage. Center Height: 53.5". Unique vestibule design offers separate room for lots of camping gears, shoes or your large dog. Electrical Cord Access Port, enable you to run a power cord from outside power source into the devices of your tent. Storage pockets and lantern hook keep items neat and organized.
- [ Unique Double Layer – Prevent Condensation ] – This camping tents special designed with double layer, the inner layer and outer layer connected by hooks, which can effectively prevent condensation. There is a gap between the inner and outer layer, become a ground vents which can offer additional ventilation to keep you cool on the warm spring and summer evening.
- [ Easy Setup with Smaller Package ] – This quick setup tent with pre-assembled poles sets up in seconds. Simply open the bag and let go, making the pitching process easy and enjoyable. No need to fumble with tent poles, or bother with complicated instructions. Tent comes in a portable smaller carrying bag. Size only 88*88*3cm/ 34.6*34.6*1.2 inch, easy to carry.
- [ 2 Doors + Hooded Vents + 4 Windows - More Ventilation ] – This pop-up tent with 2 large FRONT door and REAR hooded vents, 4 zipper design mesh windows on the left and right sides. Windows & doors with double panels, allows either side to be completely open. Closed with just the mesh material, allows hot air to escape while keeping small items out. Or sealed with the nylon door for total privacy. Both with double-side zipper, enable to zipper in the tent without getting out the tent.
- [ PU3000 Fabric and Heat Sealed Seams – More Waterproof ] – This waterproof tents made of 4000MM waterproof PU-Coated oxford groundsheet, 3000MM waterproof PU-Coated polyester fabric roof. Heats sealed seams in the connection area prevent from leaking water, integrated vented rainfly keep you dry. The front door is designed to be rolled up and down which is better than the side open style.
If you’re a beginner camper or just want a tent for backyard camping, Ubon’s pop-up tent is a simple, inexpensive option. It’s available in two sizes, three colors, and is easy to set up and take down.
Best for: Backyard camping or beginning campers
Sleeps: Up to 3 people
- Set Up Easily: Instant pop-up tent that can be assembled in 10 seconds. Release the tent from the bag, pull out the 2 white locks, and it will pop up automatically.
- Excellent Ventilation: Large sections of mesh windows provide superior natural ventilation. Excellent air circulation lets you stay cool and comfortable during your adventure.
- Sun Protection: 190T Polyester fabric with a silver coating will shelter you from sunburn. It’s a welcome, shady retreat from the heat and UV damage for your kids.
- Roomy but Lightweight: 78.7 * 59 * 43.3 inches fits 2 adults well; 78.7 * 72.8 * 53.1 inches is spacious for three persons. The total weight is only 3.1 ／3.75lbs, so that you can backpack it anywhere.
- Pack Up Handily: Fold it flat and twist it into a circle to fit in the carrying bag. With just two steps, you can quickly close it up and store it in any tiny place you want.
The set-up for this tent looks a little like a magic trick: open a bag, toss what’s inside, and—instant tent! (Of course, you’ll also have to position the tent and stake it down but that’s just an extra minute or so.) Tearing down the tent is a bit more complicated but fortunately there’s a helpful video to show how it’s done.
Best Pop Up Camping Tent for: Music festivals, backyard camping
Sleeps: Up to 4 people
Lethmik’s pop-up tent can be set up in 30 seconds and it can be taken down in the same amount of time. Its waterproof fabric and taped seams will help you stay dry and inside the tent, you’ll find a convenient storage pocket and lantern hook. This lightweight tent also comes with a handy carrying case.
Best for: Small families (up to 2 adults and 2 kids)
Sleeps: Up to 4 people
- Rapid set-up | You can set up your pop up tent within 30-seconds using the automatic hydraulic technology of LETHMIK. Tents for camping have never been this easy. Time to pack up? Take down in less than 1-minute!
- Lightweight & portable | We understand the importance of portable tents for camping, as being mobile and not having to carry a lot of weight makes the entire experience better. Our 4 person tent is lightweight and comes with a carry case!
- Room for everyone | Whether you’re camping alone, with friends, or the family, up to 4 people can sleep soundly in a LETHMIK camping tent. Large floor space, hook to hang a light, and an internal pocket—camping made comfortable!
- Versatile design | To help you enjoy the camping experience, we ensure premium materials and features are at the heart of our designs. From robust, waterproof fabrics, wind rope to remain sturdy, to quality stakes—your tent is your home!
- Refined waterpro of fabric | For our latest model, we continue to push our waterproof fabrics to the limit. We equip this camping tent with a sturdy 210T exterior (waterproof index: PU3000mm) and a durable 210D Oxford fabric floor with fully taped seams. Keeping the inside dry and free from rain so you can stay comfortable whilst you’re outdoor!