Dog hiking boots might strike some people as an unnecessary fashion accessory right up there with dog bowties and hats. But the reality is, a dog’s paws—especially when the dog lives mainly indoors—are sensitive to temperature and rough terrain.
When a dog spends a lot of time indoors, their paws don’t toughen up, leaving them more susceptible to pain or injury. If you plan to take your dog hiking on a trail or out in the snow, it’s smart to protect their paws with boots or booties made especially for them.
Dog Boots – More Than Just Fashion
With dog hiking boots (as with hiking boots for humans), think function over fashion. The most important characteristic of dog boots are their fit. Sometimes, it can take a few pairs before finding the style of boot that works for your pet. Also, even once you find the right pair, it could take a while for your dog to get used to wearing them. Make sure to let your pet try out the boots for shorter periods of time (at home, indoors), before taking them on a longer outdoor adventure.
In the end, the boots you buy will depend on your individual dog’s needs, but here are our top picks:
These water-resistant boots have a rubber tread and two reflective straps for a secure fit that doesn’t restrict ankle movement. They come in four sizes and two colors.
- Size 2: 1.8''x2.4''(W*L) for 18-27 lbs; size 3: 2.0''x2.5''(W*L) for 23-33 lb; size 4: 2.2''x2.6''(W*L) for 31-40 lbs; size 5: 2.4''x2.8''(W*L) for 40-55 lbs; size 6: 2.6''x3.0''(W*L) for 52-65 lbs; size 7: 2.8''x3.2"(W*L) for 63-75 lbs; size 8: 3.0''x3.3"(W*L) for 74-88 lbs.
- SECURE and ADJUSTABLE: Easy to put on / off. These dog shoes expands with a wide split seam opening and two adjustable and reflective straps to ensure a tight fit, also make your dog safe at night.
- RUGGED: Tough anti-slip sole of dog boots provides stability and traction, protection from sharp thorns and hot pavement.
- QUALITY: The dog boots have a rugged sole and high quality fabrics that are then sewn together to ensure they are ready for your adventure.
- FASHIONABLE: QUMY dog boots are with cute pet paw embroidery, paws side is the outside, soft and hand washable.
For breathable booties that keep your pet’s paws dry in hot weather, this neoprene pair will do the job. Designed for a snug fit, it may take a little effort to put them on your pet. (If that sounds like a challenge, you can always size up.)
- Dog Tested and Dog Approved! High Quality Breathable Neoprene Dog Booties that Conform to your Dog's Natural Paw Shape and will Not Inhibit Natural Paw Movements. New and Improved Durable Rubber Sole with Tread. Water Resistant, Puncture Resistant, and Aid in Traction.
- Bark Brite Booties are Great for all Weather Conditions, Indoor and Outdoor Activities including Walking, Running, Hiking, Hunting, Swimming, and other Moderate Performances. Great Water shoes, Snow shoes, and Protection on Rainy Days! Please note: These boots are not waterproof but are for protection.
- Will Keep your Pup's Paws Clean, Dry, and Safe with Protection from Ice and Snow, Hot Asphalt, Sharp Objects, Rocks, Wet Surfaces, and Many More.
- Booties come with 2 Elastic Reflective Straps for 360 Degree Visibility and Easy Adjustment. 3.5 inch Slit in Back of Booties to make the On/Off Process Easy and Comfortable. Tough and Durable Non-Skid Soft Rubber Sole with Tread. Recently Upgraded Heel Guard for Extra Durability. Lightly Lined Inside to Control Temperature.
- 5 Sizes Available. Please Measure Full Rounded Width of your Dog's Paw, as Shown in Images and Reference Size Chart for Best Fit. Material is Flexible and will Expand. Booties Extend Beyond Sole 4.5 Inches to Secure Placement and Ensure the Booties Stay On! Each Set Includes all 4 Booties.
An all-terrain boot like this style from Ruffwear will protect your dog’s paws on the trail. With a rugged sole, breathable mesh, and trendy styling, it’s the one option on our list that could pass for a people boot!
- Trail-ready boots: Protect their paws from whatever the trail throws at you; These boots are ideal for backpacking, hiking, mountain biking, trail running, and any other outdoor adventures
- Rugged outsole: Vibram non-marking outsoles with rugged lug design give them traction and flexibility so they can tackle any terrain without breaking their stride
- Breathable mesh: Made with tightly woven air mesh that keeps dirt and debris out while staying comfortable and ventilated all day long
- Secure fit: Designed with a wide opening that makes it easy to put boots on; A reliable hook-and-loop cinch closure system ensures a snug, secure fit on all paws
- Reflective trim: Low-light visibility with reflective trim to traverse the evenings and early mornings safely; For extra visibility, pair with reflective Ruffwear collars, leashes, and Beacon light
The soft, lightweight fabric makes this boot good for the indoors, and the grippy sole and waterproof design make it good for out.
For size options, these boots from Xanday are hard to beat. Available in 8 sizes from Chihuahua to Great Dane.
- 1.MEASURE: According to the last picture, measure your dogs’ right size and choose the suitable one. Different size available: 1(LW: 1.61''X1.54''), 2(LW: 1.85''X1.73''), 3(LW: 2.08''X1.93''), 4(LW: 2.32''X2.17''), 5(LW: 2.56''X2.32''), 6(LW: 2.79''X2.56''), 7(LW: 3.03''X2.76'') , 8(LW: 3.26''X2.95'');
- 2.BREATHABLE VAMP AND WEAR-RESISTING SOLES: Using the breathing sandwich netting, keeps paw dry, as rainy or hot weather would not be a bother for you and your lovely dogs’ walking. The wear-resisting sole protects from thorns and hot pavements. Suitable for all weather, especially for Spring, Summer and Autumn;
- 3.NO MORE SLIPPING, CONVENIENT AND WASHABLE: Easy to put on / off. The shoe expands with reflective and adjustable straps to ensure a suitable fit and a safety walking in the night. Hand washable;
- 4.HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL AND FASHIONABLE DESIGN: Use high quality fabrics, very light and softly touch, no hurt for your pets’ paws. Keep a smoothly adventure or walking. Fashionable design makes a eye-catching for your lovely dogs;
- 5.HIGH QUALITY: If you are not satisfied with the goods you received, we will replace or refund your purchase.
Ultra Paws dog boots are so sturdy, they’re even machine-washable. This pair is good for the outdoors and for senior dogs that may struggle with traction indoors.
- MEASURE FIRST: For best dog boot fit, measure dog paws and refer to size guide. Width of dog paw should be less than width of dog booties. Buy Size 8 (large) boots for paws measuring between 3 1/4 and 4 inches wide. Foam padding allows for boot to be tightened without harm but adding a dog sock can also make more snug. Other sizes available
- LIGHT DUTY BOOTS ARE IDEAL FOR: Running at dog grass runs, dog pools, snow and indoor hardwood floors. Small dog shoe provides paw protection with rubber non slip soles.
- PATENTED DESIGN: Ultra Paws dog shoes with foam ensure your dog is comfortable when velcro straps are tight and secured.
- ADDITIONAL USAGE: Use to keep dogs from licking natural dog paw balm, cream or soother. Great for pools to prevent liner tears and scratches while swimming
- If buying for urban walking and trail hikes, please consider buying Ultra Paws Heavy Duty boots which have thicker rubber soles made of recycled tires
Sturdy fabrics and reinforced stitching make these boots a rugged choice for a trail-loving dog. Available in four colors.
- RUGGED: Tough waterproof anti slip sole provides stability and traction, protection from sharp thorns, hot pavement and asphalt in the summer, salt and snow during the cold winter months.
- QUALITY: Our shoes have a rugged sole and high quality fabrics that are then sewn together (not glued like cheaper dog boots) to ensure they are ready for your adventure. Easy to put on / off. The shoe expands with a wide split seam opening and two adjustable and reflective fastening straps to ensure a tight and secure fit.
- SIZING: Use the size chart located in the pictures to determine the right size shoe for your dog's paws. We are also available to help you select the right size - just contact us directly and we can assist you with all of your dog boot needs.
- CONVENIENT: Water resistant shoes keep paws dry and warm. No more wiping muddy or sandy paws after the rain or snow. Helps dogs with mobility and stability on tile and hardwood floors. Also helps protect nails and paws for dogs that drag their rear paws due to arthritis.
- TESTED BY MY FAMILY. PERFECT FOR YOURS. As a small, family run, USA business your happiness is our top priority. All of our products are built so that your dog can join you everywhere - just like our two dogs do. Each purchase helps a dog in need with our “Paw for Paw” program. We look forward to seeing you in our #MyBusyDog gear!
These dog boots were designed especially for winter with a taller boot shaft and a cozy fleece lining.
- Please measure the paws and choose the size according to the size chart! Design for medium and large dogs, not for small dogs.
- Water-Resistant Dog Boots to protect paws from Snow, Rain, Mud & Salt.
- Durable and flexible rubber sole performs great in wet and dry, hot and cold conditions.
- Easy to put on and difficult to slip off- Reflective Velcro straps for extra safety at night.
- Suitable for any season. especially for Winter. Each set include all 4 boots.
The ergonomic design of Expawlorer’s boot is both comfortable and gives your dog’s paws the support they need.
- Size 6: 2.8"x2.56" (L*W) for 52-65 lbs. Great for Labrador, Airedale Terrier. Please measure the size correctly by checking the video guidance before purchasing.
- Measurement Instruction: Place and press down the paw on a piece of paper, mark the width and length of the paw and measure the distance. Please follow our video guidance carefully.
- Selection Guidance: These size data are boots inside dimensions, and we recommend to choose size according to the width. If your measurement between 2 sizes, please choose the larger one.
- Superior Material: Reflective material and skid resistant design provide visibility and safety at night, and waterproof material can keep the paws of your pet dry in rainy day or snowy day.
- Comfortable Wearing: Flexible lug design and grooved sole give your dog better control as well as better protection, and the two fasteners straps make the shoes easy to put on and take off.
Finnish brand Hurtta knows a thing or two about keeping dogs safe in harsh outdoor conditions. The wrap-around style makes this boot easier to put on than traditional-style boots.
- MEASURMENTS – Measure the paw by tracing around it flat on a piece of paper then match the widest point to the size chart
- PAIRS – Hurtta Outback Boots are sold in pairs because in most cases the front and back paws will be different sizes
- NON-SLIP - Made with non-slip rubber soles. Just like yours
- ALL WEATHER - Weatherproof Houndtex material great for salt and ice but also add protection to hot blacktop and sand
- QUICK AND COMFORTABLE - Easy and quick to put on and comfortable for your dog to wear and with the wrap around strap they are sure to stay in place