In most parts of the U.S., summer is the best time to go camping, but it can also be uncomfortably hot—especially when you’re trying to sleep at night. A simple solution is a portable fan. No matter if you camp in an RV, a tent, or just need a way to cool off at your campsite, here are 9 amazing camping fans for you summer adventures.
Best Camping Fans For RVs
Even if you don’t have air-conditioning, a roof fan is usually a standard feature on RVs. Most of the time, these fans are designed to facilitate airflow and prevent the interior air from becoming stagnant and stale. As a result, these fans can lower the temp inside an RV by keeping the air moving throughout the camper.
On especially hot days however, it helps to have a separate freestanding fan (or fans) you can use inside your RV. They’ll move more air and can be placed anywhere you need them. The following portable fans require an electrical outlet and they work especially well in RVs.Vornado's VFAN Jr.
Vornado might just be the Airstream of portable fans. Their new fan models look like the brand’s iconic fans from the 1940s and 50s but they’re made with updated technology. With its sleek shape and retro look, the VFAN Jr. will not only will help you stay cool, it does double-duty as a stylish accessory for your camper. It has two speeds, sturdy metal construction, and an adjustable head so you can direct its airflow wherever you want.
- ICONIC PERFORMANCE — Utilizes Vornado's signature Vortex air circulation to more effectively move air throughout the room.
- TIMELESS DESIGN — Bringing together sturdy metal construction with authentic VFAN styling from the original 1945 Vornadofan.
- SIMPLE CONTROLS — The 2-speed manual control is easy to use and allows you to dial in your comfort.
- MULTI-DIRECTIONAL AIRFLOW — Equipped with an adjustable tilt head that allows you to direct the air where you need it.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — Backed by a 5-year hassle-free promise and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
When a fan will stay safely in your camper (and away from the elements), it’s okay to choose style over durability. If Vornado’s VFAN doesn’t fit your budget, this Holmes desk fan is half the price but still has a retro look. Its metal construction comes in a brushed copper finish, and it has an adjustable head, two speed settings, and a carrying handle.
- Small desk fan has 6-Inch blades that provide a powerful, cool breeze in your home or office
- Portable fan has 2 speed settings that offer optimal airflow to fit your preference
- Tilt-adjustable retro fan head directs cooling air exactly where you need it
- Manual on/off switch for simple operation
- Stylish metal finish provides a classic look, and handle helps with portability
The TurboForce fan from Honeywell is a compact but powerful fan that creates a breeze that can be felt up to 25 feet away! With its simple design and integrated stand, it can be placed on a tabletop, floor, or wherever you need a refreshing breeze. And unlike most fans, it’s quiet—perfect for a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Small Fan for Table or Floor: The Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Has 3 Speeds & a 90 Degree Pivoting Head; This Quiet Fan Is Compact Enough for on a Table or Wall Mount & Powerful Enough to Help Provide Comfortable Cooling in Small Medium Rooms
- Feel the Power; Honeywell's TurboForce line of fans have an aerodynamic turbo design to maximize air movement, offering the power for intense cooling or energy saving air circulation; The ease of a small fan with power you can feel from 27 feet away
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using fans for air circulation in your home can help increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs as well; Honeywell carries a range of tower fans, floor fans, and oscillating fans find one for every room in the house. 185 CFM for optimal comfort
- HONEYWELL FANS: The right fan helps cool you off & improves airflow in your room or home; Give your air conditioner & wallet a break by using fans to help reduce your energy consumption & costs; Honeywell carries a variety of fans to meet your home needs
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve air circulation & energy savings in your home, bedroom or office with Honeywell fans.
Best Camping Fans For Tents
Despite their thin walls and ventilation features, tents can often be too warm on summer nights. They tend to absorb heat during the day and their mesh windows don’t always allow for adequate airflow or a refreshing breeze. (That’s why it’s a good idea to set up your tent in the shade if possible.) Fortunately, there are many portable fans that are perfect for tents. Each of the following can be freestanding or hang from a tent’s ceiling. Plus, they’re powered by rechargeable batteries so you don’t need to be near an electrical outlet.Coleman Lighted Tent Fan
If you’ve ever wished your tent came with a ceiling fan, Coleman's lighted tent fan is the next best thing. It combines an overhead LED light with a lightweight fan, and it can be attached to a tent ceiling using a powerful magnet. (Which comes in handy if your tent’s design doesn’t have a place for you to hang a hook.) With soft foam blades, this fan is also safe to have around small children. (And speaking of young campers, the light can be dimmed to nightlight mode or be turned off when the fan is in use but you’re ready to go to sleep.)
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 7.17 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 12.36 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 10.24 Inches
Another innovative tent fan is this portable fan from OUTXE. Unlike the Coleman fan which uses a magnet, OUTXE’s fan comes with both a powerful clip and a hanging hook. It also comes with a ring-style LED light, four speed settings, and a rechargeable battery that can be powered up a power bank, laptop, or solar charger. And at 1.3 lbs, it’s also the most lightweight tent fan on our list.
- ⛺Perfect for Camping: Easy to hang in a tent, RV, or on branches using the foldable metal hanger, or clip it to tent poles. A must-have fan for campers!
- ⛺4-Speed Fan: 360° vertical and 360° horizontal rotation delivers airflow from different directions. Keeps you cool from every angle. Great for circulating air or keeping you cool in the tent.
- ⛺28-LED Camping Lantern: 3-level adjustable, ring-style LED lights can light up the tent floor like a tent lantern, won’t shine in your eyes like other lanterns.
- ⛺6700mAh Rechargeable Battery: Runs for 5 to 35 hours. No need to worry about electricity supply problems. Say goodbye to D cell batteries!
- ⛺Strong Clamp: Grabs anything thinner than 2 inches. It’s also a nice chair fan for tenting. It fits most chairs – the anti-slip rubber on the inside of the clip makes the grip more reliable.
The last tent fan on our list is another rechargeable LED lantern/fan combo. Unlike the other two options, this lighted fan from Amacool has three brightness settings ranging from nightlight to full brightness. It has a hook for hanging from a tent ceiling, and it has an integrated stand that allows it to be placed on the floor.
- Colossal Battery, Longer Lasting: the portable fan with Built-in 10000mAh Polymer Battery, lasts more than 50 hours at low speed, 10hours at Highest Speed, it's rechargeable and also can be USB Cable operated via a Power Bank, AC Adapter and any other power source with 5V/2A output
- Cool from any Direction: this Personal fan with a 7 inch Fan head, 3 Wind Speeds, Powerful and Quiet Motor, Rotatable from Left to right, up and down, circulate air from desired angle without disturbing your working/sleeping
- Versatile and Easy to Use: our USB fan comes with a foldable hook on the bottom, so you can hang the fan on the tents, branches or inside a car. It can be mounted on wall as well as simply placed on desk at home or in office. It’s also a great companion for your baby, pets and even plants
- Bright LED Lights: the Camping fan with Built in 12 LEDs with Bright White lights and 3 Brightness Settings, you can set the brightest mode as lantern during camping, set Dim as nightlight for sleeping, illuminate a camper or a small room during night/ in darkness
- Portable for Daily Use and Emergency: Compact Size (6.29*2.36*8.49inch), Lightweight for this size (1 lb), easy to carry and store, with its built-in large capacity battery and easy to reach power source, just grab it and go without worry about battery running out when outside, its a lifesaver for days of camping/trip and during hurricane season and other emergency outage
Best Camping Fans For the Campsite
Setting up a fan or two at your campsite will not only cool you off, it’ll keep pesky flies and mosquitoes away. Here are some battery-powered fans that work well outdoors.Coleman OneSource Fan
Coleman OneSource is a line of camping gadgets (fan, lantern, air pump, etc.) that all use the same rechargeable battery. The Coleman OneSource fan is a small versatile fan with a collapsible tripod stand and a hook for easy hanging. Its sturdy plastic construction is also water-resistant, making it ideal for outdoor use. The fan has two speeds: It can run for 6 hours on high, or up to 15 hours on low! The included OneSource battery also has USB input and output so it can be used to charge other devices like phones and tablets.
- COLEMAN ONESOURCE: Power your outdoor gear and devices with one interchangeable rechargeable battery system
- FAN FEATURES: Multiple speeds for optimal comfort; rotating fan head for targeted airflow; bottom hook allows for convenient hanging; stability tripod stand collapses for easy transport and compact storage
- BUILT TO LAST: IPX4 water-resistance rating for reliable use outdoors in the elements
- BATTERY RUNTIME: The fully charged 4800 mAh lithium-ion battery powers the fan up to 6 hours (high) or 15 hours (low)
- BATTERY CHARGING TIME: 2 hours with quick-charging station (sold separately) or 2.4 amp USB output; 5 hours with 1 amp USB output
OPOLAR’s comes with a built-in hook and tripod stand, but unlike Coleman’s model, the tripod legs are flexible. This means the fan can be set up nearly anywhere including a picnic table, tent ceiling, even a tree branch. (Its versatile design also makes it a great option for hammock campers.) The fan has three speed settings, and its adjustable head can rotate 360º. Like some other options on our list, the OPOLAR fan is powered by an internal rechargeable battery.O2COOL Portable Fan
If you’re looking for a camping fan that’s easy to store, consider this tilting fan from O2COOL. At 10 inches across, it’s one of the larger portable fans on our list but folds down flat for easy storage and has a carrying handle. Its adjustable base means that you can direct the airflow in 180º so you can set it up on a tabletop or on the ground. It can run on six D-cell batteries or be plugged in using the included AC adapter.
- BATTERY -OPERATED PORTABLE FAN. You can cool off when you’re at home, work or outdoors with O2COOL’s 10-Inch Battery-Operated Portable Fan. Perfectly sized, it won’t take up much space and features a convenient folding design and a built-in handle for easy storage and transport.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. Durably crafted using sturdy plastic construction for long-lasting strength and use, this portable fan boasts a patented fan blade design which extends the battery life while maximizing airflow.
- TWO-SPEED OPERATION. Featuring a powerful 10-inch blade, this fan offers high and low speeds to accommodate your needs. Both settings deliver refreshing air with minimal noise to prevent distractions. You can also adjust the tilt of the fan for directional airflow and ideal cooling comfort on hot, sticky days.
- EASY TO USE. Position fan face down, slide out the battery door and insert batteries following (+/-) marks, then replace door. Slide switch located on the side of fan to your preferred setting. To operate fan using AC power (120-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz), use supplied adapter only.
- EMERGENCY/DISASTER PREPAREDNESS. Make sure you’re prepared the next time a power outage occurs due to a thunderstorm, hurricane, lightning or high winds. For added convenience, the fan runs on six D-cell batteries (not included) or you can plug it in using the included AC adapter. Inserting the adapter plug into the fan disconnects the installed batteries from the circuit.
If you need more ways to stay cool on hot summer days, check out these 10 ideas. And once the seasons change and you’re looking for ways to stay warm, check out our post on the top tent heaters for winter camping!